While it's easy to hear about how valuable customer experience is, sometimes it just seems like random business-blog talk. Looking at the numbers, though, makes the idea of putting out the best business experience take on new life. One way to ensure the optimal experience is to personalize it to each customer.
WHY SHOULD I PERSONALIZE A CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE?
Personalizing a customer experience may sound difficult, but that personal touch means value.
- Better experiences equal more spending. A Harvard Business Review study found that customers with the best experiences spent an average of 140 percent more than those who had the worst experiences.
- Better experiences equal greater satisfaction. AMcKinsey study found that, by turning to customers for feedback, satisfaction increased better than 30 percent.
- Emotional connections equal better experiences. A separate Harvard Business Review study found that, when customers have a more emotional connection to a business, customer advocacy rises, here from 24 percent to 30 percent. This led to a better than 50 percent rise in same-store sales growth.
WHAT CAN I DO TO PERSONALIZE A CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE?
Personalizing the customer experience can mean big rewards, and actually doing the job can be simple.
- Use professional voice recordings. Professional voice recordings can put a customer at ease right from the beginning, and when considered carefully, can augment the marketing message. It offers a personalized appeal, especially when familiar local accents are used.
- Use customer relationship management (CRM) tools. CRM tools allow a business to reference earlier problems, earlier orders, and more that personalizes an experience by tracking a customer's interaction with a company.
- Offer relevant communications. Use that CRM data in outbound communications too. By referring to earlier orders, and making new suggestions accordingly, you improve the personal connection.
- Focus on the multichannel. Take all the opportunities you can to personalize to improve the experience overall, everywhere. From phone calls to social media and beyond, anywhere you contact the customer is prime for personalization.
HOW DO I GET STARTED PERSONALIZING CUSTOMER EXPERIENCES?
Snap Recordings offers a variety of customizable voice messages from the initial contact point to hold messages to internal menu prompts. We can even offer familiar local accents geared toward your areas. Our online ordering and help tools are simple, and provide an easy way for you to get started.